1.08.2007

Monday Anecdotes

I hope you had a good weekend. Briefly...

* Saw an interesting show at the Mad Art Gallery. My friend Dan showed and he rocks.

* New restaurant next to Soulard Market, Franco, is delicious and had the best restaurant music of my life. I heard Jeff Buckley, the Jayhawks, and Guster, all in one ladies luncheon. Pricey for dinner, but lunch was affordable and you can go to the market before or after.

* I'm retracting the statement I made about reading Ruby Payne's work. I now think she sucks a fat one. Read something else. Like Paulo Freire.

* Saw Thank You For Smoking this weekend and loved it. Next on my list: Children of Men, Six Feet Under: Season Three, Lady in the Water, and Transamerica.

* I just finished reading T.C. Boyle's A Friend of the Earth, which chronicles a fictional eco-saboteur reflecting back on his life, his activism, and the state the world has fallen into in 2026. Even if you aren't into the environmental or environmental activism, it's a great read without being preachy.

* I like the iTunes feature where your library is beamed to others within your wireless network. There's a lady at work, who is like 39, whose library consists of two CD's: George Michael and the Pussycat Dolls. No comment necessary.

No comments: