3.24.2007

Websites! Galore!

The writers at GreenOptions are all spending some (paid!) time this week checking out StumbleUpon. Basically, you install StumbleUpon, which is just an add-on to your web browser. It creates a browser toolbar which you can personalize. You register (it's all free) and go through several categories of interests, checking areas that you like, such as different genres of music, hobbies, politics, etc. Then, on your new toolbar, there is a button labeled Stumble! You click this button and a random website that should correlate to your interests appears. You then rate the website with a thumbs-up or thumbs-down, which allows StumbleUpon to more finely tune what websites it generates for you. I know this sounds nerdy, but it is amazing how many awesome websites I have found today using StumbleUpon, from the quirky-whimsical-random (this, this) to the absolutely practical (this, this, this) to the I-can't-believe-something-like-this-is-FREE (see below). If you are an internet junkie, I would HIGHLY recommend you register for StumbleUpon. If you are a friend of mine, you probably won't see me soon; I'm hooked on this shit. Don't send me to Promises!

I realize the preceding paragraph sounds like I'm being paid to plug this site: I'm not, I promise. I'm getting paid to surf it to generate hits for our site. But it's an awesome site, for realsies. You will hate me for getting you hooked on it.


My most favorite site found today would have to be FineTune. It's basically Pandora but with more things you can do, including make playlists that you can add to your MySpace or blog. Very cool for music junkies who are into finding new music based on your current tastes.

Also, Chris and I went and saw Pan's Labyrinth. Really, one of the most amazing films I've ever seen. That's really all I can say about it. Also, I did get the Ben and Jerry's Creme Brulee ice cream, thanks to a tip from Meghan that it was at the Target on Hampton. It is fucking awesome. Every single bite has crunchy goodness of almost-burned sugar getting stuck in your teeth.

No comments: