4.06.2007

It's Dr, Not Mrs, Bitches

Hooray! I found out last night that I got into the doctoral program I applied for. The deets: it's at the University of St. Thomas in Minneapolis, and the doctorate in in Leadership, which sounds pretty vague. I initially applied for a program in critical pedagogy, which is social justice and education, basically, but UST has combined the two programs. I'll initally be studying leadership in the contexts of history, society, the economy, and politics, and then eventually, what leadership and education has to do with social justice. I want to research urban public education and/or race and teaching. So, for the next three years, I'll be flying to Minneapolis once a month and spending time there every summer attending classes. I will be poorer. I will be cutting back on my extra stuff at school. And, like certain other people who shall remain nameless (mostly Susan Jacobsmeyer and Alice Colletti) I will have to bitch out every now and again because I have to write a paper.

So yeah, I'm excited, and it's going to be a pretty big committment, but I figured if Susan is going to be Dr. Jacobsmeyer, then I had better do something before she gets all uppity.

That's the good word. I'm sure cocktails will be in order tonight.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

1. drinks tonight for sure.
2. congrats again!

paul said...

pretty awesome. congrats!

Anonymous said...

congrats kelli.

Anonymous said...

1. Again, congrats.
2. I don't think that anyone who has a kickball moniker of "pee stain" could ever really become "uppity".

...Banter said...

congrats doc! good luck. drinks on me when we move back.